Staying Safe at New Steine Hotel
Minimising the risk of Covid-19 when we open our doors on 4th July is paramount. The safety of our guests and New Steine staff is our priority.
We politely ask that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include: a high temperature and a new and persistent cough.
We have, and will continue to work extremely hard to enable you to visit us feeling assured that we have everything in place to minimise the spread of Covid-19 keeping you and your loved ones safe.
We have reworked our hotel & Restaurant procedures with extensive health and safety guidelines.
These have now been implemented and our team has been trained, so we can welcome you again from 4th July (subject to Government approval).
Before your arrival
We will contact you by phone or email 24 hours before your arrival to give you as much detail as possible on how your experience will be with us
- Please ensure you given us all your details, postal address, mobile number… to minimise your registration on check in.
- If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- If you have a breakfast diet requirement, please let us know prior to your arrival.
- We recommend all visitors download the track and tracing application to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include: a high temperature and a new and persistent cough.
Hand sanitising dispensers are provided at reception for you to use. We politely ask you use this when entering the hotel.
We will keep the door open most of the time to avoid having any contact with door knobs. However, if the weather is not permitting, please rest assured that all points of contact are regularly disinfected.
All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment are regularly cleaned & sanitised.
Please keep social distancing when entering the building
We have put signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our teams.
We have added a Perspex screen to our reception where we can safely interact with you. Our check-in process will be easier to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience.
Parking vouchers are available at reception.
During these times we have been advised against handling your luggage or belongings, or showing you to your room. However, we are always happy to help and will ensure we do so with your safety in mind.
Public areas, corridors and toilets
We have equipped our loos with sanitising sprays and sanitising handwash at the basins as well disposable hand towels.
To avoid overcrowding in the washrooms, we ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 2 meters between yourself and other guests.
We have put in place floor markings and guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
During your stay
Our reception is now open from 7.00am – 01.00am.
We encourage you to call us on 215 for any service required to avoid contact for your own safety.
We will always be delighted to see you at our reception desk which benefits from a Perspex screen where we can safely interact with you.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- We will provide hand sanitiser and disinfectant sprays in all our bedrooms for you to use, as well as an information guide on best practices for staying safe when on your break with us.
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture is sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed on a high heat, with added sanitisation.
- Any printed material has been laminated and will be sanitised before and after your stay.
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- The housekeeping will not enter you room during your stay.
- If you require fresh towels please dial reception on 200 and we will organise for you to either pick these up or we will bring them safely to your room.
Food & Drink
We are fortunate to have our own French Bistro and Bar
If our bistro is not open, we will offer our room service menu where I am sure you will find suitable food to please you.
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or, where guidance and regulations permit, in our French Bistro
- We will now request that all guests and dinners make reservation to avoid disappointment
- We are now operating two seating time. Our first service is from 17.45 ’till 20.00 our second sitting is from 20.15 ’till 22.30
- If you are not staying with us, all that we ask is that you book your table in advance for one of the above slot
- To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service.
- We have created separate entry and exit points to in our bistro when possible, limiting contact and maintaining social distance between all guests.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- We have equipped our toilet facilities with sanitising sprays and sanitising handwash at the basins, and disposable hand towels.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry and exit points to use and should be used every time you enter or exit dining areas.
- We recommend all diners download the track and tracing application to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
Our Bistro and Eat Out to Help Out!
We’re proud to be part of the Government’s initiative to help drive customers back to restaurants. Our guests’ and staffs’ safety is paramount at this time and we hope you feel reassured by the details above and will book-in to the restaurant soon.
Call us now to reserve your table on +44 (0)1273 681546
We will only be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay. To manage physical distancing, we will agree a breakfast time with you at check in. As our eating area is relatively small please bear with us. You can also order breakfast in the comfort of your room. please allow 20 minutes
New Steine Staff , including those in our kitchens and dining areas, undergo further training and sanitisation prior to starting work and will be appropriately attired in line with PPE guidance.
If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you call us to postpone your booking.
- As we will take full payment on arrival, you will only be required to drop off your key on check out. Please dial 200 when you are ready to come downstairs and we will make our way to reception
- If you require a bill, please ask on check in or dial 215 and we will print your bill and will and place it under your door
- You may request a final bill to be emailed to you at reception.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before leaving the hotel.
We have missed you over these last three months and we are looking forward to greeting you back at the New Steine Hotel & Bistro.